You can reset your ARGON8 back to its factory state (factory patches / sequences / FX presets, factory global settings) using the following procedure.
WARNING - this will remove all of your custom patches / sequences / FX presets and reset the global settings.
- Power-off your ARGON8 and remove all power, audio, MIDI, USB and other IO connections.
- Reconnect the power supply and check the correct connection.
- Toggle the power switch to the 'On' position whilst holding the 'Shift' + 'Init' buttons
- The ARGON8 screen should show “Don’t Panic”, before two options appear saying “Update” and “Factory Reset”. You can now release the two buttons.
- Hold the 'Preset / Edit' encoder to the right of the screen until a bar fills up underneath the "Factory Reset" text.
- The synth will then reboot and the screen should say "DO NOT POWER OFF - Factory reset in progress..." with a bar scrolling across the bottom of the screen. This process will take around 30 seconds.
- The synth will then boot normally with the on-screen boot page which will then change to show the main patch page.
If you instead want to reflash the firmware on your ARGON8, please follow the reflash instructions provided here.