The touch pads work though ‘capacitive sensing’, detecting the presence of your touch in a similar way to your smartphone screen. If you are having difficulty using the touch pads, it’s likely to be to do with either your skin contact, or the power source.
- First ensure that all connectors are attached properly and that the synth is not damaged.
- Because of the ‘open’ circuit, there are several places on the synth other than the touch pads that will trigger sounds, ensure that you are just touching the pads and not the left hand side of the CRAFTrhythm.
- Ensure your hands are clean and dry and that you are not wearing any gloves.
- Try powering the CRAFTrhythm from an alternate power source. Powering from a battery pack and listening on headphones will isolate the synth from any other equipment that may be affecting the CRAFTrhythm. If this fixes the issue, try unplugging any other equipment that may be affecting the power, such as your laptop charger.
- Try sending MIDI to the CRAFT to identify if it definitely is an issue with the touch pads, and not just an unusual sound!